Thursday, June 23, 2011

A New Coat

In Coastal BC, cabin maintenance and upkeep is very important. The wet climate encourages wood structures to mould and rot in quick order. Our cabin is of wood frame construction with sheets of exterior pre-primed 4'X8' plywood siding. The cabin was painted with Wedgewood blue solid finish exterior stain and then repainted by us in 2007 using the original scheme.

We are about a year early (every five years is a good schedule), but with the new construction we thought a "new coat" all around would be a good idea. And this time we decided to make a change. Wayne and I picked a warm tan to go with our hunter green trim and blue metal roof.

While I'm in Bellingham, Wayne has started on the lower walls. It takes three coats to cover the old blue, but it is well worth it. (I guess that is easy for me to say.) Doesn't the new colour look nice against our high rock wall? But what colour do you think Wayne will pick for the propane shed? He likes bright ones.

Wayne'll wait for me to return later in September to do the high ladder work under the peaks. At least I'll be able to feel I helped a bit. -- Margy

5 comments:

  1. I love the new color! I'm a fan of bright colors too-- it's so nice in our grey part of the world. Somehow, though, I ended up with a grey house. What were we thinking? Next time we're doing something a little more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking super good! I do like the color scheme. The shot from far away looks idyllic.
    (I see it's warm enough to be working in swim trunks.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new colour too! Looks so pretty. As you can probably guess I am catching up while I have a signal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:25 AM

    I envy your lifestyle. You are very blessed. I love nature, wildlife, the sea and water, and it looks like you've got it all at your floating cabin. I can only dream of living at a place like that some day... And oh, what a sweet dream it is!

    Warmest regards,

    Susan Berg
    ice.bergs@yahoo.com
    San Clemente, So. California, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Margy, I just love it. The colors are awesome. You two have been busy, busy, busy...It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy