Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nesting Tree Swallows

Wow, that flight from Baja was a long one. I know we got a break each night in a marsh or grove of trees with all our friends, but I'm beat.


What do you think about this place? I know it looks a little shabby on the outside, but it has a nice lived-in feel. And you couldn't ask for a better location or view.

So, what do you think? Wanna stay? There's lots of insects to eat and friends for precision flight training each morning and evening.

Yes, hon, this is the place. Come on in and see how cozy it is inside. It puts me in a nesting mood, if you know what I mean. Home sweet home.

Learn more about Tree Swallows here. -- Margy

10 comments:

  1. I love the pretty blue head of the male, and the happy face of the female in the entrance.
    A long way from Baja indeed. 1700 or 1800 miles from "BC to BC" as my parents used to say when they came home from wintering there.
    Tree swallows...I like that for Father's Day weekend, Margy. Thanks!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, our swallows have now left home along with their chicks. So perhaps they headed to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - and I loved the dialogue. Glad they decided to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:23 PM

    What beautiful shots! Nice birdhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Looks like they've found their dream cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shots of the Swallows! They have a nice home!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy