Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chainsaw Carvings in Hope, BC

A week ago I took a mini-vacation to Hope, BC.  It is only about an hour and forty-five minute drive from Mom's place in Bellingham. That makes it an excellent destination for me.  Years ago, Wayne and I landed at the Hope Airpark to camp after attending the Abbotsford Airshow. This trip was a solo getaway by car.

A pair of cougar guard the entrance to Memorial Park.

Hope boasts that it is the Chainsaw Carving Capital of the World.  That must be true. Everywhere around town you'll find fabulous sculptures.

River otters frolic in the Rotary Centennial Park.
Here's a nice video by showing the results of the 2012 Chainsaw Championships.  Looks like the 2013 event has been cancelled. I'm not sure why.



I plan to return when skies are sunny to get some even better shots. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. Awesome carvings, thanks for sharing the video. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they beautiful, especially considering that a chainsaw is a chunky piece of equipment to be doing such delicate work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:03 AM

    such amazing carvings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots. Happy sky watching.

    My sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting on my Camera Critter post.

    Yes Fran, it is amazing that such a large tool can do such intricate work. I was sad to hear the contest was cancelled for this year. I would have liked to attend.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy