Wednesday, March 27, 2013

KOZI Warm Off the Grid

Earlier I shared the wood stove that's the "heart" of our float cabin home. Without its warmth, we couldn't live here in all seasons.

Our stove is a KOZI.  KOZI still makes wood and pellet stoves, but our model is what I lovingly call a classic.  John (you met him last week for the letter "J") found our stove used and refurbished it before installing it in the cabin that would later become ours.

I don't know for sure, but I surmise that the KOZI company chose their name because of how you feel when you cozy up to one of their stoves.  Here's your chance. Hold out you hands and feel the warmth.




How was that?  Makes me think of Christmas.  The local Shaw cable channel runs a fireplace video continuously day and night. -- Margy

9 comments:

  1. I was wrong - the bird is a Pine Siskin (I updated my post as was corrected). Not rare but a very happy songbird. I love wood heat - but hubby hates it so we are fortunate to have natural gas instead for our fireplace which works even when the power doesn't. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband also doesn't like the idea of a wood-burner. I love it, but I can't chop wood any more. Used to be good at it, in another time and place.
    Sigh.
    Love this post, Margy!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. feels KoZy just thinking about it!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fire does look cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you I needed that. It's freezing here and I have to get up. I turned the central heating up to 21 c. But I am sitting now in my bed waiting till the bathroom is a little bit warmer.
    Have a great warm and cosy day.
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great K post! I love our wood burning stove too, it's a Lehman and I love it...both because it is cozy and it has the scripted letter L on the handles...perfect for Lise and Lise's Log Cabin Life, wouldn't you say? Love it! Stay warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:40 AM

    very Kozi ... lovely warmth from a wood fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update Cheapchick. Gas is good too, but out where we are it isn't an option.

    Kay - Wood does have it's downsides, escaping smoke, creosote, ashes. But I love to watch the flames, and for us it is the only heating option.

    Lise - I think we have lots in common even though you are on land and I'm on the water.

    Thanks everyone for stopping by to visit and comment on My World post. See you next week.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice. good way to warm up.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy