Last night Wayne and I had dinner with his University of Buffalo roommate and his wife Pat. While we were catching up on about forty years of life, the discussion turned to our Canadian home in a cabin on Powell Lake. Many of their questions paralled those we receive from others about float cabin living.
- Does the cabin move around the lake?
- What happens during storms?
- Do you have power?
- Do you have a telephone?
- Do you have a television?
- Do you get the Internet?
- How can you live in such a small space
- What do you DO with all your time?
As for our visit, it was great fun. It was good to meet someone from Wayne's "wild and crazy" past. Hopefully Al and Pat can visit us someday at our float cabin on Powell Lake and get their questions answered first hand. Now that would be wild and crazy, eh? -- Margy