Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Grand Opening of Magpie's Diner

Last week my friend Margaret and her husband Art opened a new restaurant here in Powell River. It's called Magpie's Diner and is located at C 7053 Glacier Street, north of Joyce Avenue on the left. Parking is right in front or up the street. It opens at 7:00 a.m. for breakfast and closes at 2:00 p.m. after lunch. Head on over except on Mondays when they get a much needed rest.

Today Mom and I made our first visit to Magpie's. They serve homemade breakfasts and lunches made with healthy local ingredients. Breakfasts include large eggs cooked the way you like them and lots of meat choices. Of course there are pancakes, home baked muffins and breads, and mugs of hot coffee or tea from Art's coffee bar.

Lunch platters include hamburgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. There are salads and soups and sweets for dessert. Mom and I had Margaret's signature carrot cake. It got our vote as the perfect way to end a meal or as a snack with coffee like we had.

Margaret is the chef (and sometimes chief bottle washer). She's an amazing woman. I've enjoyed following her blog Thistle Garden where she shares recipes and natural ways of living. Now I'll be able to sample her goodies as well.

The turn out for Magpie's Diner's grand opening has been excellent. I wish Margaret and Art all the success in the world. -- Margy

P.S. Please note that you will now find Magpie's Diner in Cranberry. Head on over to enjoy breakfast or lunch.

4 comments:

  1. Much success to Margaret and Art in their new venture.If I visit Powell, I will make sure to look them up!

    I received your husband's books just in time for wrapping! They came so late I only had a chance to read the first couple of pages, before they were covered with wrap. But they look super interesting! Please thank your husband for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an excellent for for all meals but I like to go out for breakfast best. Shall we?

    We are at about 800+ft elevation so we will have snow when just down the road doesn't. Our little 15 minutes of fame in this part of the country. LOL

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margy, I would love to have some of Margarets carrot cake it sounds yummy. Breakfast out is my favorite meal. I am glad you are haveing a good Holiday season in your favorite place.
    Tell your Mom and Wayne Merry Christmas for me.
    ~~Hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great place. Little bit of a drive for me LOL

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy