Thursday, December 03, 2009

Fabulous Ferry Firmament

This week when we took the ferry from Powell River to Vancouver BC. We had some fabulous early morning skies to watch along the way.

The Island Sky travels from Saltery Bay south of Powell River to Earl's Cove on the Sunshine Coast. Along the way you wind through an ancient glacial carved fjord, past rocky granite islands and green forested hills, with snow capped peaks in the distance. It's as pretty as a picture!

The low coastal clouds were beginning to break, heralding the beautiful sunny fall day to come.

Are you coming to the 2010 Winter Olympics? Yes, Vancouver and Whistler are going to be exciting destinations. But don't stop there. Hop on a ferry at Horseshoe Bay and explore the Sunshine Coast all the way to Powell River. It just may be the highlight of your entire vacation. -- Margy

4 comments:

  1. I love that ferry ride, the views are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think of is, "WoW!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margy.
    I really like all of your pictures,but the first one is my favorite. How have you bee? How is your Mom?
    ~~Hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, Margy! What a beautiful place to live! :o)

    Thanks for your always so welcome words at my posts. I forgot mentioning that I fecth Lucas at school on foot! One more reason to be upset with the rain when in the streets (at home I love it, actually)! LOL But witing on lines in cars must be even harder, my patience is low sometimes in lines, unless I have a book or magazine to read, thenI can wait forever!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy