Friday, December 02, 2011

PRB on the Tiny House Blog

In 2008, I discovered a great blog about simple living in small dwellings. The Tiny House Blog is designed, written and lovingly maintained by Kent Griswold.

If you are arriving from my most recent post on the Tiny House Blog, WELCOME!! Stay awhile and see what float cabin living is all about. Some sections that you might find interesting include:


Float Cabin Living off the grid
Float Cabin Construction plans
Gardening in a floating garden
Cooking using a woodstove
Cabin Accessories handy stuff
I've written several articles about float cabin living for Kent's blog:
Our Little Cabin Up the Lake
Living on the Water
Float Cabins on Powell Lake
Float Cabin Moving Day
The most recent article, just posted today, is called "Indoor Plumbing with a Twist." It chronicles the building of a bathroom and side porch addition to our float cabin.

I really appreciate all the support Kent gives to people who are living, or would like to live, in small homes. Head on over to TinyHouseBlog.com for the rest of my story and many more like it.

You can read more about our off the grid cabin life in Up the Lake and Farther Up the Lake by my husband, Wayne J. Lutz. More information about ordering the print, Kindle and e-book versions is available at our website www. PowellRiverBooks.com. - Margy

7 comments:

  1. Fascinating entry, Margy. I looked up the Tiny House blog. At the soaring field, there are several trailers, but no tiny houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'll now "live small", this blog interests me a lot now! So full of amazing stories! :o)
    I imagine it may be hard for the owners to have their cabin relocated, it's like moving for another street or city, as all the scenery changes (not to mention the logistic stuff in itself!). Thanks for this post, loved it!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of the little homes on Tiny House Blog. It is fun to read as are all of Waynes books you know I can hardly wait for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Tiny House blog - been visiting for a long time!! Glad to see you are a contributer there as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such fun to be hosted on someone else's blog. If you ever get a chance, I highly encourage you to do it. Kent Grisw0ld over at The Tiny House Blog has a wealth of information. If you haven't done so yet, head on over and check it out. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have trouble living small! Just a personal preference, having lived in some small inner-city Toronto houses. One place, the property was 17' wide!
    I am happy for our 16 acres of wetland. Walkies with cats in the forest. I love the privacy, too. No citiots popping off fireworks. I guess you have that perk, too!
    What I desperately miss is the open water of our wee lake. Glad to see photos of yours!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn - There are times I would love to have a little more land, but the beauty of our spot and the unique water foundation really makes up for it. Glad you are enjoying your new place. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy