Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oh Sunny Day!

Each sunny day this time of year deserves celebration.

Can you see the line of clouds just over the treetops? That's evidence of the jet stream. The jet stream is an area of fast moving air where air masses meet. This shows we are in a fair weather pocket north of the jet - YEA!

Here's a link to jet stream maps from the California Regional Weather Server at the Department of Earth and Climate Sciences at San Francisco State University. For a change, the weather images don't stop at the Canadian border! -- Margy

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeously beautiful, love the blue sky and sunshine. It was kinda milky sun today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some great storms, I've followed on the weather reports! Bundle up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and good for you. But I'm a let it snow kind of girl, can you send that stream this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting on my SWF post.

    Lise, I have a sign over my sink that says just that, "Let it snow." But we only get a few dustings a year. Just enough for me to enjoy.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy