Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boardwalk Restaurant in Lund BC

The Boardwalk Restaurant is located in Lund, BC, where Highway 101 (the Pan-American Highway) meets its northern terminus on the Strait of Georgia. The restaurant sits gracefully on pilings over the shallow bay behind the Lund Marina. Take a walk along the scenic boardwalk and stay for a wonderful meal.

I had some business to conduct in Lund (delivering some Coastal BC Stories books to Deborah at Tug-Guhm Gallery), so I took the opportunity to have lunch at The Boardwalk Restaurant. The location over the water right next to the marina can't be beat . Even though it rained earlier in the day, they let me eat outdoors on the deck.

The menu is varied, with an emphasis on local seafood. The day I was there you could get spot prawns right off the boat, and fresh clams, mussels, sockeye salmon, ling cod, and halibut. There are other items including burgers and steaks. The Boardwalk is known locally for their excellent fish and chips.

Since it was lunch, I opted for the one piece salmon fish and chips. The salmon was battered in a very crispy crust and came with homemade fries and tartar sauce. A small portion of fresh greens with vinaigrette rounded out the tasty meal. To go along with it, I picked an on-tap beer from the new Powell River Townsite Brewery. Now that make a "working day" well worth the trip.

You can find the Boardwalk Restaurant in Lund, BC, or reach them at (604) 483-2201. -- Margy

9 comments:

  1. It's a great little restaurant with an even better view. We have gone a few times and enjoyed ourselves very much. Well worth the drive to Lund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! That location for a restaurant can't be beat! Love the first photo and the fact that your work day was filled with so much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I fabulous setting, add that to the list of places to visit when I come over :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place to have a meal with a view.
    You quack ( I should say Honk-but it doesn't fit) with the Canada goose story. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bad day yesterday, hubby took me out to dinner. Wine and a salmon sandwich. I felt better!
    Greetings from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful setting for a bite to eat. Is this place relatively new? I do not remember it being in Lund a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful setting for a bite to eat. Is this place relatively new? I do not remember it being in Lund a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice little place.
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do they do long distance take out!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy