Thursday, March 08, 2012

Road Cruise Works on Powell Lake

Boat names that have caught my eye and shutter.



Road Cruise is a boat I see frequently near my float cabin home. Powell Lake is a working lake in addition to a recreational lake. The waters are used by logging companies to get to and from remote sites, and to transport their logs and shake blocks to Mowat Bay for extraction.

Before logging can begin, roads have to be cut into the dense bush. That's where Road Cruise comes in. She carries the road "crews" to their work destination and home again. Here she is with Mr. Boat up the lake. Her crew was working, our "crew" was goofing off as usual. -- Margy

7 comments:

  1. I've not seen her on my trips to the lake, but I'll keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the view in the third photo, seeing the lake down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Interesting and I learned something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pun for a name. LOL
    I love the second photo when enlarged, with the sky reflecting off Mr. Boat's windshield, and the water off Road Cruise's hull.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute name indeed...with your explanation. The fist pic is darling, a boat with personality.
    So is it Happy Birthday to you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul - She is docked down with the work boats below the Shinglemill.

    Tash - Thanks for the birthday wish. But I quit getting excited as they seem to really rush by.

    Thanks everyone for stopping by and commenting on my boat name post.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy