Monday, March 19, 2012

Balancing Act

When I went walking at Garry Point Park in Steveston, BC, I found an interesting freeform outdoor sculpture. I call it "Balancing Act." Out at the end of the point, looking towards the Strait of Georgia, was a cluster of driftwood balanced artistically.

Be sure to look along the shoreline. Each vertical stick is capped with a balanced rock, shell, or another stick. After the recent rain and wind storm, I wonder if it survived. If not, I bet the local artist will find new media on shore to create even better sculptures. -- Margy

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 PM

    a mind full of imagination is a wonderful thing! love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful capture, nice piece of creativity. May I ask you how you post a link from utube to blogspot? Do you use the link option or photo option?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! You never know what you will find on a walk!

    Greetings from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have that sort of artistic mind, very clever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for stopping by to comment. I am used to finding balanced rocks along the shore, but this was a first for me, balanced pieces of driftwood.

    Stephanie - To embed a YouTube video, go to the video you want. Click on the Share button and then click on embed. My blog uses a width of 400 px, so I fill that in and then copy the html code in the box. Then I paste the code in my post using the tab for "Edit Html." I am using the old version of Blogger. It may be different in the new version.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for stopping by to comment. This was a fun sculpture to discover in an unexpected place. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy