Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rebecca Rock

Living in Powell River we have both fresh water (Powell Lake) and salt water (Strait of Georgia) at our doorstep. That makes it a perfect place for boating, kayaking, fishing, scuba diving, skiing, and all kinds of water sports.

When I stay at the condo in town, I look straight across the strait to Vancouver Island. I can see the beacon on Rebecca Rock blinking to warn mariners of the extensive underwater (and above) dangers.

Even BC Ferries give these rocks a wide berth. -- Margy

4 comments:

  1. Is this not the most beautiful piece of the country?! :) (although it could use more snow) Love your view here. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely with a view of the mountains as well as the light on the rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christina and EG Wow - it is a pretty place for sure. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absoulutely beautiful!! I've been to Vancouver and I somehow missed this! But there is soooo much beauty up there it is hard to see it all!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope to see you again soon.

    Loving your blog!
    Debbie's Travels

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy