Sunday, August 09, 2009

Road Trip

Tomorrow, Wayne and I are leaving on our first vacation away from Powell River since we discovered it in 2000 and especially since we got our float cabin in 2001. In the beginning, we were still working in Los Angeles, so we wanted to spend every vacation day we had up the lake. Now that we have our Canadian permanent residency, we feel we can take two weeks to explore a bit more of our new country.

One aid we will have on this trip is our new Garmin Oregon 300 GPS. We have Mac computers and sometimes companies like Garmin don't offer software compatible with our machines. But we were in luck, according to our friend George (Mr. GPS) at Marine Traders in Powell River. We purchased the Oregon to use when we ride our quads in the bush. But we also got the City Navigator North America road map software for our upcoming trip.

We're flying commercially from Vancouver to Montreal, then renting a car to drive to Newfoundland, camping along the way. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post about our adventures along the way. If I can find Internet connections, I will. A special thanks to Elaine (a Newfie by birth) over at A Scattering for the list of free library hot spots. I'll try to use one or more of them along the way. Stay tuned. - Margy

6 comments:

  1. You won't be in the Gros Morne area long before you'll take my "watch out for moose!" warning seriously. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful and safe trip.
    ~~ Betty~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. you get to visit some pretty countryside...i so like that area.
    will look forward to seeing your trip photographs.
    have a safe and most wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip, the east coast of Canada is one of my favourite spots to travel. Be safe and have fun.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the well wishes. It's time to grab the bags and go. At least it should be cooler on the east coast (remind me in January that I complained about the sun and heat and it's my fault it's cold and cloudy!). I set up my cell phone so I can send Tweets if it's impossible to get computer Internet access. If you use Twitter, you can subscribe to my tweets by clicking the link in the sidebar. Back at you soon! - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great trip coming up. Have fun and shoot lots of photos for us!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy