Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Floating Garden in Our Canada Magazine

This has been quite the year for my floating garden media-wise. First it won a Sunset magazine Facebook gardening picture contest prize and had its picture in the June 2011 issue. Then my garden was highlighted in an article on Duane Burnett's Sunshine Coast website. This month I am very proud to announce that Our Canada magazine has chosen to run a full-page story in their August/September 2011 issue.

I love Our Canada and More of Our Canada magazines. They are completely made up from articles by Canadians about Canadian topics. How great is that? Three years ago, they ran a story by Wayne about our float cabin home. Then they included several of our pictures in their book Our Canada: Picture Perfect. Now the story I wrote about my floating garden has been published.

You can click on the image to make a full-screen image to read the story "A Moveable Feast: Ingenuity keeps this unique garden afloat." Or check out Page 44 in the August/September 2011 issue for the real thing. Subscriptions are available through their website, or you can purchase an online version here.

If you would like to read more about my floating garden here are a few links:

Vegetable Gardening with a Twist
Container Garden Hits and Misses
Double Barreled Watering
All Gardening Topics
Thank you so much Our Canada magazine. And if any of my readers have questions, please let me know. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Margy. I'm surprised you aren't plagued by fans coming to visit and take photos.
    My garden has been a dismal failure this year despite being tended by our green-thumbed neighbor while we were away for two weeks this month. I've grown a lot of squash blossoms, but only one squash, and it is still only an inch and a half long. Just yesterday I decided to stop watering it and save the water for Lindy's lawn.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. U so deserve all this media attention, its a fantastic idea, and well you as super!!! HUGS :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so excited! Good for you. You are clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I learn so much from your experiments, no wonder people are taking notice! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, Duane, Jenn and Tracy - you are all such great supporters. Thanks for all your kind words. As you know, I love sharing about my gardening, even the experiments that don't go so well.

    Kay - That's what happened to me for the last two years. I got tons of pumpkin blossoms, and the only set rotted. For my acorn squash I only got one that ripened all the way. Mine were in pots, so I thought maybe they needed more soil or consistent watering.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Margy! Your garden is beautiful and deserves all the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful garden, and an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No surprise here - you are a great writer and adventurer. It is so kind of you to openly share your lives like you do. Thank you and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy