Sunday, March 01, 2015

PRB Highlighted on Powell River Daily News

Citizen Journalist at Powell River Daily News has invited me twice to be a "guest columnist." Today it's a reprint of my post about Circumnavigating Goat Island. You can see it by clicking here.

Looking towards Second Narrows with Goat Island on the left.

Thanks Citizen Journalist for the opportunity to share the my favourite lake and the best place on earth.

If you would like to know more about my hometown Powell River, British Columbia, here are a few links. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. I just love that photo - it should be made into a mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn. It was a perfect clear day. - Margy

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info about Powtown Post. a great new site. I'd like to add http://www.powellriver.info/ a joint site for tourism and economic development. Your post on your garden would also be interesting for PRDN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I added it to the list. Thanks for the suggestion. - Margy

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. It's a great site for me to keep up on what is happening in town. - Margy

      Delete
  4. You make me want to come to Powell River! I wish the ferry wasn't so bloody expensive from Comox or we would have been there already. They have some great kayaking over there...I see it in our future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true. We find it is almost cheaper to fly on Pacific Coastal than take the ferry, especially if only one of us travels. We use their Quick Pass program and the flights are quite reasonable and usually there are cheap seats left even at the last minute if you are willing to be flexible with the departure time. - Margy

      Delete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy