Wednesday, May 25, 2011

O'Dawn-Thirty Departure

Thursday, Wayne and I took our new boat from the Skyline Marina in Richmond, where we've kept it for a month, to our new harbour in Powell River. We waited two days on board for a fair weather day for departure. Following a day of strong winds Wednesday, Wayne wanted to get started early.


So we were up and going at 5:30 a.m. with the high tide. If you know me, I'm not an early bird. But I must say it was a beautiful time of day. Wayne navigated us out the north arm of the Fraser River past moored log booms waiting to head to the mills, and barges of sawdust ready to head back out, maybe even to the Powell River paper mill.

Stay tuned for the rest of the trip from dawn to dusk. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My early bird would by happy, on the move at 5:30, and the kittens, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up every day at 5.00am to go to work, but my journey isn't as lovely as yours. If only I could sail to work, wouldn't that be wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have always wanted to do a trip up by boat. Like the bow shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it was worth it to be an early bird on that day! Beautiful skies...and water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos with great reflections, Margy. I'm not usually up at sunrise but, when it happens, I love it.
    That would have been a long "drive" by boat if it's anything like going by car and ferry. But gorgeous all the way. Looking forward to your other photos.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations is a very interesting blog.

    Regards from Creativity and imagination photos of Jose Ramon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are amazing. Glad you made it home with all that windy weather we had a few days back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it was really early, but the light made for some spectacular pictures. I couldn't do it every day like Fran, but once in a while is really worth it. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy