Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Off Grid Float Cabin by faircompanies.com

What an honour! Yesterday, Kirsten Dirksen of faircompanies.com, posted an amazing video of our Powell Lake float cabin on YouTube and her own Faircompanies website.



Kirsten invited me to participate in one of her excellent video projects. I filmed at the cabin using my older point-and-shoot Canon Powershot 710. Then I used Dropbox to transmit the large files all the way from Powell River to Kirsten in in Barcelona, Spain. Kirsten then edited everything into a very professional production. Thank you so much! You really captured our life up the lake. -- Margy

9 comments:

  1. That was amazing Margy. I loved it.
    I hope to see you some day soon.
    Love and Hugs Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done Margy - it certainly captures "up the lake"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Betty - I would love to get together too. - Margy

    Paul - And I have lots of video left to use myself since I did it all the filming myself.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing your home and beautiful surroundings. It was very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I had never heard of these before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I feel as if I've actually had a visit there and have met you both! Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Kirsten did an excellent job putting it together.

    Jessica - We weren't familiar with float cabins until we saw our first one in 2001. We immediately knew it was the life for us. Funny how that can happen.

    Dianne - Glad you liked it. This was my first try at taking video of myself using a timer. It worked pretty well.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great video! I loved the detailed explanation of the composting toilet. I've been wondering how those worked.

    A lot better than climbing 4 flights of steps up an icy cliff in midwinter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting video Margy. You guys gotter made.

    ReplyDelete