Saturday, September 05, 2015

Coastal BC Reptiles: Wandering Garter Snake

Wandering Garter Snake

Two weeks ago, I shared about the garter snakes that we see around our float cabin up here on Powell Lake.

There are two varieties that visit us. One is the Common Garter Snake. The other is the Wandering Garter Snake. I think this is the Wandering kind.



This week I was sitting on the front porch when something caught my eye. I just happened to have my camera at hand, just in time to capture a swimming Wandering Garter Snake heading my way. They are so graceful. -- Margy

11 comments:

  1. It was neat seeing the snake swimming in the water. They are pretty snakes. Great post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for offering the link. - Margy

      Delete
  2. What a beauty! Well-captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying you had lots at your place too. I enjoy seeing them, but Wayne isn't so fond. - Margy

      Delete
  3. I am not a fan of snakes. Nice capture though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how well they can swim, and look good doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've long heard of garter snakes but have never seen one in the water or in the grass. They probably would scare me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually see our sunning themselves on the deck. - Margy

      Delete
  6. I never thought about Garter Snakes swimming. Neat.
    MB

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy