Thursday, April 09, 2015

Firby Reborn

Last winter I lost a fir tree that I've been nurturing in a deck pot for three years. Storm winds whisked it away pot and all, leaving only a few decorative rocks behind. It was a really sad day.

I love using native plants in my landscaping. They grow better than non-native species. 

Wayne and I went out and found a replacement for our fir tree. Like many of our things around the cabin, he got a name, Firby.  I tucked Firby into a large barrel of soil to wait out the cold months.

The new two year old Firby "chained" to the deck.

Then, when I transplanted my cedar trees, I used a nice pot to give my new little two year old fir a first home. If all goes well, next year he'll graduate to a larger one just like his big brothers. I just hope he sticks around long enough for that to happen. -- Margy

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure Firby will give you many years of pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Firby - those chains look pretty serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good you got those rocks in place so that the pot will stick around during the next wind storm. Hope Firby stays around till next year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable on your deck! Someday it will be so big!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:06 AM

    What a charming deck - and with such a great view!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy