Monday, September 09, 2013

Cozy Corner Books and Coffee

This week I stopped by the Cozy Corner Books and Coffee in Bellingham.  I love this used bookstore! Not only do they have a great collection to browse, reasonable prices, and a "cozy" atmosphere to read and enjoy coffee, but they give you credits for your used books to buy more. While I was there, I meet the owner. You can tell he takes great pride in his store and providing his customers with a high quality experience.

If you're driving southeast on Northwest (now doesn't that have a ring) towards downtown, you will find the Cozy Corner at 3094 Northwest Avenue in the Northwest Shopping Center near the Village Inn restaurant and across the street from Yeager's Sporting Goods.

As the name implies, the Cozy Corner has coffee and other yummy things to drink and nibble. You can enjoy your latte as you browse the stacks, or relax by the fireplace. And that's not all they have to offer. They also have a Children's Imagination Area and free games for all ages.

Of course, there are books -- lots of them. They are conveniently organized by subject and author. Several cozy alcoves give you a feeling of privacy. Soft chairs and stools are scattered throughout the store to encourage you to stay and read.

This trip I dropped off five different books from Wayne's Coastal BC Stories series.  Maybe one will still be there by the time you arrive.  But never fear, there are lots of other wonderful books to choose from if they've already been claimed.

If you are a book lover, you've got to visit the Cozy Corner. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. OH I LOVE BOOKS! ~ Awesome! ~ Want to check out your blog more ~ will put it on my google reader~~ thanks for coming by my blog and comments ~ thanks, namaste, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by this week Carol. It really is a fun little store. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved when we had such a business, but they just couldn't make it with both Books-a-Million and Barnes and Noble as competitors. But now even
    B and N are gone. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a lovely store to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love book store, like how this one is set up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the small book stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book store. We used to live at the corner of Northwest and West North streets in Bellingham - now that was confusing when you tried to tell people how to get to your house. Now we just live on Flynn Street and that is less confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a book lover. I finish whole book within 1-2 days. Because I can not wait for result.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete