Saturday, June 22, 2013

Surprise Visitor

One morning, Stick bounded off the sofa and ran to the sliding glass door. That's not easy for a 21 year old cat, but he did it. We barely saw a blur pass by.


I went around the cabin to see if I could discover what it was.


Out in the woodshed I saw a squirrel climbing over our newly cut wood.  I was trying to capture a shot when it come right up to me and posed not more than five feet away.


In honour of his visit, I filled the feeder with peanuts for his dining pleasure. -- Margy

8 comments:

  1. How cute! I am a little surprised he came up to you. Stick has some spunk left, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squirrel shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:57 PM

    So glad that Stick Tail alerted you to the new visitor. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're a cute little critter, are Douglas Squirrels, and only place in BC to find them is the south coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures - nature can be so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a lovely red sqirrel. We only get grey squirrels now but we do feed them and they are so comical with their antics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat caught 5 red squirrels one year! They are wily, but ferocious, too! Fun photos. P.S. I can see you from here (Chemainus!) but wish I could visit. WOuld have been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is an inquisitive one. Douglas squirrel are good looking too. MB

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy