Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pigeon Perch at Blaine Marina

This week I took a mini-trip to nearby Blaine, Washington.  After crossing the border heading south at the Peace Arch, I took the first exit onto Peace Portal Drive. Blaine is a small border town with lots of character.


At the traffic circle, I went right on Marine Drive to head down to the marina. Here there are paths, benches, tables, a place perfect for strolling and relaxing and boat watching on a semi-sunny winter day. As I passed this pier and crane, I was only looking at the beautiful view.


As I returned, I found several other visitors doing the same, pigeons out looking for tasty morsels of fish. They reminded me I was hungry.  Stop by on Tuesday to see the cute place I found to eat. -- Margy

10 comments:

  1. Birds on a wire. I love these shots...the harbor and the birds!

    Happy weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They appear much warmer than ours! Another cold one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots, looks to be quite sunny where you were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. That's a welcome sight of water and cloudy blue skies. Cute to see the birds lined up, perhaps a pecking order for the bits of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet! beautiful blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful view. Love the birds -on a wire- shot too.
    Thanks for dropping by :)

    www.1sthappyfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The harbor is beautiful. I can see why the birds are there checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, i love how the 3 of them have the same stance while the 'as if leader' is doing his own thing. Re your comment to my post: if only you are nearer, you can get as many as you want as their mother is again due in a few days!

    ReplyDelete