Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hole in the Wall on the Travel Channel

Our float cabin in Hole in the Wall on Powell Lake hosted a Travel Channel film crew last Spring. Now we've been included in their new Extreme Houseboats series on TV.  It will be rebroadcast on December 24.  Times here in the Pacific Northwest start at 7:00 a.m. (HD) and 10:00 a.m. (digital). Four segments will be aired. I am guessing our cabin will be in the third. Check your local listing for times in your area.

I also found these trailers on the Travel Channel website.  Click the arrow to see a tour of our cabin.



The second includes a segment about our new composting toilet.



Unfortunately, it won't be shown in Canada at this time. We'll have to keep checking.

This is a great opportunity for people to see what wonderful places Powell River and Powell Lake are to live and vacation. Thank you Nina, our Powderhouse Productions producer, and the Travel Channel. -- Margy

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to keep my eye on Netflix and see if I can find your episode. I started reading "Cabin No. 5" this week and plowed through almost half in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margy, I was thinking I hadn't heard from you in awhile so popped over to your blog to see what you have been up to. When I was finished reading, I checked my email to find a bunch of comments from you, we must have been reading each others blogs at the same time lol. I love ( and envy)
    your wood chopping machine, totally awesome! I watched the segment on your home,and then got caught up watching all the others, what a fabulous channel, so many great ideas, I'm drooling with fresh inspiration for my place. The renos are coming along fast and furious now. It has been so awesome to see my dreams coming to life. I live with the commute, it's not horrible, just long but worth it at the end of the day. Thanks for checking in, your place is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Margy - I'm so glad you posted the neat trailers! I loved getting to see your home. So glad you don't have to climb 4 flights of stairs anymore!

    Dianne
    my new blog: www.sweetjourneyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone - thanks for the comments. If you missed the show on TV, don't worry. The videos in this post include everything they put in the show.

    Eli - Glad you are enjoying Cabin Number 5. One has written one more new book called "Off the Grid." But since then he has been devoting time to his science fiction books.

    Rhianna - I am so glad your have found such a great spot for your float home on the Fraser River. We'll keep in touch and get together either in Steveston or Fort Langley.

    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so living the life! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest updata about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete