Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tiny Homes: Simple Shelter

On January 7, 2010, I was surprised to find my garden float featured on Lloyd Kahn's blog. I left a comment thanking Lloyd, and not long after I received a unique request. Lloyd wanted to feature our float cabin on Powell Lake in a new book he was putting together about tiny homes. I was thrilled.

Two years later, Tiny Homes: Simple Shelter by Lloyd Kahn is finished and available for purchase. I've already got my copy and it's an amazing book. It has 1,300 full-colour photos of a wide array of small homemade shelters.

Tiny Homes on Foundations
Tiny Homes on Wheels
Tiny Homes by Architects
Prefabs and Kits
Earthy Materials
Treehouses
On the Road
On the Water (that's me!)

Check out pages 210-211 for Our Little Cabin up the Lake.

Links for more information and purchasing options:
Lloyd's Blog
Shelter Online
Shelter Publications on Facebook
Shelter Publications on Twitter
Amazon.com
Amazon.ca
Check it out online and get a copy for yourself. -- Margy

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Margy!
    Somehow, though, this reminds me of the days my dad was writing stories about their winter home in San Felipe. Too many people read about the good fishing there (as described by Daddy Davies) and showed up, from all over everywhere. Two men from Germany asked in the town where they could find Gordon Davies, and arrived at the house to thank him for the story they had read. Eventually, and of course not entirely because of Dad, San Felipe was no longer merely a shrimp-fishing village, but a tourist town, just what Dad dreaded but he only ever blamed himself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me that story when we met. I don't think we have to worry too much. If someone does make it to our doorstep we welcome them aboard. Just like San Felipe in the old days, it takes a special person to appreciate the remoteness. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool that you are featured in the book. One of these days, will try to get hubby to drive us over to Powell River via the ferry from Comox. I have always wanted to see the inside of floating homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He did you well! A great set of pictures on your cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stephanie and Paul. Stephanie - isn't it funny how people living so close rarely cross the Strait. Must have something to do with ferry costs. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very neat - congrats! You are always doing something special and it is wonderful that someone else sees it, too! Watch that doorstep - one of these days we are going to make it up that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2Tramps - I hope you do. I am in Bellingham now more often because of staying with Mom. If you can do the Powell River doorstep, that would be even better. And Chuckie could meet Bro, an even bigger felon. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy