Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Buffalo Inn Chips and Brew

I finished work early today, so I decided to get a late lunch at one of my favourite Southern California restaurants, the Buffalo Inn. It's located at 1814 Foothill W. Boulevard in Upland, on the south side of the street near Central Avenue. When Wayne and I lived in Pomona, it was a frequent destination for both lunch and dinner.

There's indoor dining at the Buffalo Inn, but we always sit outdoors in the large courtyard. It's flanked by trees and beautiful hot pink bougainvillaea. In addition to the natural shade, there are umbrellas for hot summer days. On weekends, under the arbor, there's live music. At other times, there's great classic rock in the background.

In addition to great sandwiches and other pub fare, there is an extensive beer and wine selection. Our favourite meal is the steak sandwich, but the buffalo burger is good, too. Most meals come with the signature homemade potato chips (they're so good I refer to the restaurant as Buffalo Chips). I wanted some with my brew, so I got the appy plate with salsa. Too much for one, but a great choice just the same.

On the way out to the parking lot, I found some typical Southern California vegetation. I'm not on the raincoast anymore, that's for sure. -- Margy


  1. The weather has turned over to Fall now, here in the interior. It is -3C outside this can't take much more of that! But the days are warm and sunny.

    Those homemade potato chips look yummy! xx

  2. Sounds like you're having a nice little time down there! And some nice food, too...just read your previous post about all the seafood. Yummy! I love oysters, crabs, mussels, etc. too. :D

  3. Looks like you are making the best of your time there. Bet you will be glad to be home soon. S. CA is pretty, but there is no place like home.

  4. Marion - You barely had any summer up there. We finally are having one here on the coast.

    Leslie and Lorie - It was a good trip for both work and play. But is is good to be back up north where the weather is cool(er).


  5. I'm a fan of eating outdoors!
    Love the story about your family. I'm having trouble with my veggies. Maybe next year!!!!