Friday, June 03, 2011

Surprise Post on re-nest Blog

Today I noticed there were more visitors to the blog than usual. Using Sitemeter I was able to determine that most of the traffic was coming from re-nest: abundant design for green homes.

Most of the content came from my post "Our Little Cabin up the Lake" on the Tiny House Blog a few years back. But some of the pictures came from my more current blog posts. Fortunately it was a positive post.

If you're looking for posts about float cabins, try some of the following categories:

Float Cabin Construction
Float Cabin Living
Cabin Accessories
Gardening
Wood Stove
Welcome and enjoy. If you have any questions, please leave a comment or send an e-mail through my profile page. -- Margy

6 comments:

  1. You mean they did this without checking with you first? That's cheesey, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's cheesy. You should think about putting a copyright sign on your blog, somewhere obvious without being blatant. Oh heck, blatant can be good, too.
    Whoever "re-nest" is, they should at least have permission for the articles they print or post.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and Kay - At least they gave me credit for the photos and included a link back to my blog. I've found other posts that didn't do that much. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heads-up or permission request would have been nice but it is good they gave you credit! I do like your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through re-nest and though I'm glad for it (an oasis you have there ;-), I admit I'm surprised that they didn't ask you or at least give you a head's up about the post. I'd have expected them (as a popular site) to be a better web citizen.

    Beautiful spot you have there. Do you have to worry with bad storms?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi candis - Since I want the content of my blog to get out, I'm not too upset with sites like re-nest. They did a positive post and did give me the link. I am glad you stopped by.

    Yes, storms can be a problem. Rain isn't a problem, but too much snow can make the float too heavy. Then we have to get out and shovel. Fortunately we don't get too much snow where we are. The worst is strong winds. The float swings back and forth on its steel cables and they have been know to break in severe conditions. Even so, we have survived with minimal damages for the last ten years. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy