Monday, April 11, 2011

Girl's Night Out

Last night I splurged with a girl's night out. For my mini-vacation, I chose a night on our new boat in Squalicum Harbor. I really like Squalicum. It's a beautiful, well-kept marina with both public and private places. I'm amazed at how many people use the seawalk circumnavigating the shores.

I stopped by a local Mexican food restaurant called Jalapenos on Holly Street. I got a chili rellano and enchilada to go to eat in the cabin of the Bellingham Bayliner while the wind howled outside and the tackle on nearby sailboat clanged.




After dinner I walk out to the breakwater. It was pretty choppy, but the waves weren't as large as I expected. On they way back, I stopped by Nicki's Bella Marina pub for a brew. I probably should have had a hot tea to warm up, but by the time the Mac & Jacks was down I had a warm glow.

I walked back to my boat and bed. The wind was really whipping, but Wayne had it tied snug to the dock. I spent the night playing Monopoly on my iPad and reading on my Kindle. An electronics entertainment extravaganza. The wind howled until midnight and abruptly stopped. In the quiet, the rain drops hitting on the windows lulled me to sleep. Nice girl's night out. -- Margy

6 comments:

  1. It was howling here to. I woke up at about 11:30pm and all was still, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great night out. Only the chocolate was missing! Over this side of the pond the wind was howling all night too, so I reckon it left you and came over to us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jalapeno's and then Mac & Jack's! Sounds perfect to me! I go for a run from my house down to Squalicum Harbor and around Zuanich Point and then back about once a week. Maybe I'll run into you someday! Although hopefully not literally. ;-)

    I keep meaning to get out for some real eagle-watching too, but life's just so busy. The eagle I posted yesterday was nice enough to be hanging out next to the playground where my girls were playing... otherwise I wouldn't have an eagle picture either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful respite for you. Having your boat there makes for a nice little getaway, no matter the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time. Happy "sailing" with your new boat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect evening. although I probably would have a six-pack waiting in a mini fridge.

    ReplyDelete