Friday, March 25, 2011

Long Distance Sunset

Today's Sky Watch photograph comes to you thanks to my husband Wayne who is up in Powell River. The sunsets are incredible as you can see.

In the background is a common sight, a tug towing a large boom of logs south to Vancouver for milling or sale to places such as the United States, China and Japan. In the foreground is Powell River's North Harbour which is undergoing reconstruction.

By the time you read this post I'll be winging my way home to Powell River to see a sunset for myself. Stay tuned for some more posts about my favourite place on earth. -- Margy

9 comments:

  1. It has been a good week for sunrises and sunsets up here. Beautiful capture by your hubby! Have a great weekend.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful to see this. My sister lives on the Sunshine Coast, I often visit her, so this scene feels like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how the color of the sky is mirrored in the water! Truly spectacular. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Have a happy weekend! It must be so nice to be back home, so you can see these amazing sunsets we've been having for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous photo, beautiful colors in our local sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful. I can never get enough sunsets.

    ReplyDelete