Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ferries at Sunset

To reach Texada Island or cross the Strait of Georgia to Vancouver Island from Powell River, you have to take a ferry. Sunset arrivals make a beautiful picture.

The Northern Island Princess in the foreground it the ferry to Texada Island. She is a 49 car and 293 passanger ship built in 1958 in Vancouver. In the distance is the Queen of Burnaby, the ferry to Comox on Vancouver Island. She is a 192 car and 695 passenger ship built in 1965 in Victoria. I invite you to come visit Powell River, we have the best sunsets in the world. -- Margy

11 comments:

  1. Visiting your blog never disappoints, fantastic shot.

    Have a great weekend!
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Last year when i had takenferry a to travel to France, I had the opportunity to take various pictures of sunset, historical sites at Dunkerque, Somme, etc.
    Planning to create a blog for the same soon, will be uploading the pictures soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colors...i always ferry rides especially during the late afternoons with all the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such wonderful pictures. I must visit PR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous shot. It could be the subject for a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely shot...beautiful colors in that sunset.
    and congrats on your canadian citizenship. enjoy your blog.
    have a great weekend.
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible colors, lovely photo. I have enjoyed discovering your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came to see your ferry sunset and it is beautiful. I have never seen a floating cabin before. It looks like a magical place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I cannot believe how many cars these ferries can ferry! We have a small ferry near us here in Michigan, to take to Canada. I love the thrill, as long as I know where the life jackets are! LOL...I loved your sunset photo! My hunt is up, will you please come and visit me? Happy Valentines Day dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beatuiful sunset. I just wanted to tell you Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete