Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December Snow Storms

If you read my post yesterday, you know that we had good traveling weather to drive back to our home to Powell River, BC. However, not long after we arrived the snow started to fall.


When we got up this morning, the ground, trees and roofs were very white. It snowed about 5 cm (2 in) overnight and it's still snowing big wet flakes. We decided to walk to our favourite breakfast spot, Starvin Marvin's. A hot cup of coffee was just the ticket to warm our fingers and noses.

On the way back home, we stopped by the marina to see the boats in their very white overcoats. Here in Coastal BC we don't get much snow, so it's fun. On the other hand, I'm not sure my car will make it up the hill to the shopping centre for some needed groceries.

I guess it's a good thing we don't live in Edmonton. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy are we when everything gets very white! -- Margy

10 comments:

  1. Isn't this wonderful? I love the snow when I don't have to drive in it, glad I work from home. I'm looking forward to my afternoon walk with the dog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll save photo number two for when our January heat really bites! Very cooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a white Christmas!

    Happy Holidays

    Earth

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect timing on getting home for you then!
    we had big white flakes yesterday too, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, here in Michigan, it would be dangerous to have your boat in the water when the snow flies. Dangerous as in meaning, iced in. So your pic looks odd, in a wierd way for me...LOL Our marina's a devoid of boats right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margy! I did a post on our snow today, too! We really ARE a bunch of wimps, aren't we, 'cuz we're spoiled living in this wonderful area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to be "walking in the winter wonderland"! So pretty to look at and great for curling up at home with a fire. We've had some good rains down here & the mountains got a good amount of snow - I'm eagerly awaiting a clear day to get a good view of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup its that time of year. Great shots.

    Cheers!
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice...but we are probably getting black X-mas again here in Stockholm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and white colour!

    ReplyDelete