Saturday, September 27, 2008

Majestic Views

There are some really great views in and around where I live in Powell River, BC. Some of the most spectacular can be reached by hiking or riding a quad to lofty peaks and bluffs.

Head up to Blue Ridge for a panoramic view of lakes, forests and mountains.

Summer or winter, the bluffs on Mount Mahony provide views of Powell Lake, the Strait of Georgia and across to Vancouver Island. On this November day it looked like you could step off and walk on the tops of the clouds.

A quad ride then a hike to the top of Tin Hat Mountain rewards you with an outstanding view of Powell Lake far below.

I invite you to come to Powell River and enjoy some of our views for yourself. -- Margy

7 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful views! They remind me of Maine.

    My view is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. breathtaking...that last photo is astounding!!!

    Mine's up, it's a Cat's Eye View of fun.

    Happy Hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:08 AM

    I love your pictures. It looks like John and Bro could walk on the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:36 AM

    wow! your views are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second photo is simply spectacular. At first glance it looks like he's in a snowy field, then you start imagining that he's walking on clouds. Only when I looked at the photo in high-res did I realize that he's on a snowy cliff with a view of the clouds (right? I think?). One of the best I've seen today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again! I love your views from photohunt! They are awesome! I love it when you are able to hike up to beautiful views! I've done some hiking in Yosemite in October and it is really breathtaking! If you get a chance, check out my views of the Caribbean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's absolutely beautiful country. Can't wait to get out there again.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy