Sunday, March 30, 2008

Powell River Books on YouTube

If writing a daily blog (or nearly so) isn't enough, I have been working on my first YouTube submissions at the same time.

My first was called Kozi Warm by the Fire. You may have already seen it in my March 27 post on "Wood Stove Maintenance." It's a simple video file from my camera that I processed in iMovie. You can view it by clicking here.

My second video was about flying with a tour of the cockpit of our 1974 Piper Arrow 997. The video wasn't edited, but I added titles and credits at the end. You can view it by clicking here.

My third was a multimedia production that included video, still pictures, titles, transitions and audio voice over. I think it turned out pretty well. It takes you on a flight in 997 to Siletz Bay Airport in Gleneden, Oregon. You can view it by clicking here.

This is the first time I've used iMovie. I am amazed at how simple it is to use. I didn't read a manual. I just went to the help menu a few times along the way. Once I was done, I was able to do an automatic upload to YouTube. That was really nice. Have you done any YouTube uploads? I'd be interested to hear about your experiences. -- Margy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM

    You are amazing. Your vidios are good and I like your airplane~Betty~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty -

    Glad you liked the videos. Just another way for the computer to take up time. I heard on CBC today that a psychologist from Portland wants to have computer and Internet addiction become a recognized psychological disorder. Sometimes when I'm in town I tend to agree. That's one reason the cabin is so good for us. - Margy

    ReplyDelete