Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Up the Lake

Yea!!! After about a month away we are finally going back up the lake. I am so excited. I want to see what has happened in my garden. Did my strawberries and herbs survive the winter so far? How is my compost doing? Will it be ready for spring planting just around the corner? For surely it is, we heard frogs singing just yesterday. Has there been any wind damage? What about the lake level? Is it as low as it looks from the Shinglemill dock? We'll soon know the answers to all our questions.

Why do we love it so much? It's the best place on earth to live. Besides reading my blog, you can discover more about Powell Lake and float cabin living in Wayne's book Up the Lake. It is available for purchase at www.PowellRiverBooks.com or locally in Powell River at Coles Bookstore in the mall, Breakwater Books on Alberni and Marine Traders on Wharf Street (handy if you are traveling on the ferry). Chapter 2, "Boats and Planes," tells all about how we discovered Powell River and found the home of our dreams floating on a lake.

If you are a regular blog reader, there won't be any posts until we return to town, probably after the weekend. But don't worry, I'll be returning with lots of new stories. -- Margy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Hi Margy, I am so happy for you.I will miss your Blogs,but waiting for your return with antipation to hear what is going on " Up The Lake" Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mom and I are just checking in visiting the blog, love the photo of the cabin

    Happy Valentines Day, we just went to lunch and talked about you..

    love to you both

    ReplyDelete