Thursday, August 09, 2007

Best Breakfast in Town - Village Inn Pub & Eatery

Each year there's an opportunity to vote for the "best" in Bellingham. Since we are breakfast hounds, we look for places that have been honored for having the "Best Breakfast in Town." In a recent issue of the Bellingham Herald we saw an add for the Village Inn Pub & Eatery (gotta love that name!). The locals didn't steer us wrong.

The Village Inn is tucked in the corner of a small shopping center at 3020 Northwest Avenue. Their name is prominent on a rotating sign if you catch it just right. But just in case you miss it, the restaurant is directly across the street from Yeager's Sporting Goods (take some time to visit this amazing store after your meal). The Village Inn looks small from the outside, but it's not. There is an area for pool tables, a good sized bar and lounge, and then there's the restaurant section. On weekends, they have live bands. I mentioned pool. It's a big thing. Each time I have been there, pool players arrived with cues of their own. But don't get me wrong, it's definitely a family place.

Wayne and I went there for breakfast the other day. They do have the best (and very reasonable) breakfast in town. There were several daily specials, but we opted for the pancake combo. Two huge buttermilk pancakes, lots of bacon (really crisp) and two eggs. No way I could eat it all, but I gave it my best try. I went back for lunch on another day. Their special crab cake burger was crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and loaded with lucious crab.

So if you're looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, pool or entertainment, put the Village Inn Pub & Eatery on your list of places to go. Oh, did I mention a good selection of microbrew beer on tap and local wines? I'm there! -- Margy

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:40 AM

    Thank you! I went to breakfast at Shari's this morning on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete